Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Introduction



My name is Heidi Hutchinson and I am travelling on "this blind date with the world" with my youngest daughter Lily. I am from the little island of Barbados, better known as "The Gem of the Caribbean" where I live with my wonderful husband, Andrew, my three beautiful daughters, Chloe (20), Savannah (16) and Lily (13). We have a menagerie of animals 3 dogs and 3 cats which are most definitely part of the family as well.


When I was a child my dad was a Pan American pilot and from as far back as I can remember I travelled all over the world with my parents and my younger sister, Zoe (who is also on this adventure). This created a great love of travel and a desire to visit different destinations all over the world. Over the last few years I have been blessed by being invited on my incentive trips with my husband's work place and have been to some amazing countries. But the more travelling I do the more places get added to my bucket list, the list does not seem to get shorter only longer.


Last year when Zoe competed in the "Global Scavenger Hunt" I sat at home and waited anxiously for the next blog update. I checked and rechecked my e-mail just longing for the next update and story to unfold about her travels. I so wanted to be there wherever she was and seeing the amazing things she was seeing. Imagine my delight when she told Lily and I to apply for this trip and if we were accepted that she would sponsor us. I was so nervous about my interview with Bill. I so wanted to join and was afraid not to get accepted. Then we were accepted…….. my goodness what an excitement.


Our next challenge was to get Lily permission to miss almost 3 weeks of school. Barbados works on the British education system and Lily goes to one of the best ( I think it is the best) public school in Barbados. Unlike other countries where kids get better education in private schools, it is the opposite in Barbados. I expected the school to say no to this venture but Mr. Perkins (the principal) was wonderful and gave his permission immediately. We were definitely going……Hip Hip Hooray.


I am so excited one minute, a little daunted the next and then very excited again. I can't wait to meet the other teams. I can't wait to meet Bill and Pamela. I can't wait to find out where we are going to first. Can you tell I am just so excited…. I have never blogged in my life and I had to get lessons in how to make things work. But here I am posting my first blog. One of many firsts over the next 4 weeks.


Please keep in touch. Comment on our blogs so that we feel the love from home. Miss you guys. See you in 1 monthJ

No comments:

Post a Comment