Wednesday, April 7, 2010

4th April 2010 – Easter Sunday




HAPPY EASTER everyone. Got up early to stuff the plastic Easter eggs for our Easter egg hunt. Everyone was still fast asleep so I tip toed around and decided to fill the eggs on the front patio. Imagine my surprise when I went to open the door and I discovered that the door was not locked. I had watched as Andrew checked the door the night before so I know that it had been locked. I didn't think much about it and set about getting my Easter egg hunt organized. Jords has never had an egg hunt so he was very excited and I didn't want to disappoint him.



Chris was the next one awake and he came to ask me if I had his IPhone. No not I. I thought that Jordan might have taken it upstairs the night before. One by one as the household of 9 woke up Chris kept repeating the question "Anyone seen my phone? I left it charging on the counter last night." Finally it dawned on me and I said his perhaps it was stolen". He said," no way ! It was sitting right next to my wallet and my wallet is still on the counter". Guess what! You got it all of his money was gone. So we all started searching our handbags etc and guess what ALL the cash was gone. All of mine (m y handbag was in the bathroom and the thief left it in the living room). All of Zoe's cash was gone, all of Chloe's was gone. We are convinced that someone with a key came into that house sometime between 2.30am and 7.00am and cleaned us out. He was very good. He searched every handbag thoroughly and found every cent that was hidden. We believe he took the items into the bathroom, where we had left on the light and searched very methodically and carefully. He took NO Barbados cash. Only USA. See how God is good. If I had not left my money in the safe in Miami, he would have gotten a lot more. Instead it was safe.




We spent hours with the rental caretaker (who had all the locks changed). Ben got to make his first 911 call as we called the police. We then had visits from 3 police officers and a detective. Finally we were able to start our day.




We rented bikes, rode all over the island, eat delicious key lime pie, were entertained by the street artists at Mallory Square, waved good-bye to the Disney Cruise Line and then the travel imp struck again. When we were ready to leave we had lost one of the bike lock keys that had locked up 2 bikes. So 2 of us had to walk back home.







The next highlight was the Ghost Tour. We went through houses where we were challenged to take photos 2 at a time. It was really crazy because some photos are clear and the next one has white orbs floating in it. Really freaky. I dare you to look up Robert the Doll on Youtube and hear for yourself the weird story. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCWeA6mv0XY&feature=PlayList&p=F9B41BB6FD56974C&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=31

The real fun started when we got back home. The kids were freaked out and nobody wanted to sleep downstairs incase our "visitor" from the night before returned. So they carried up all the mattresses from downstairs and barricaded themselves into the bedroom with chairs shoved under door handles. Downstairs we barricaded the front door and Andrew wandered about all night checking and double checking all the doors. Nobody slept well. Infact we made the decision to leave the Keys one night early.





2 comments:

  1. So glad you guys got the bad stuff out of the way here in the U.S. I will be praying for you all as you travel. Have fun and be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust you to have fun despite being robbed. Leaving the money 'by mistake' behind was truly a blessing!

    ReplyDelete